Saturday, January 27, 2007

Blogging about The Real World

I have a Facebook.com page, but I have never experienced blogging like this before. I learned a lot about the whole blogging process and at the same time learned more in depth concepts about The Real World. I have always just viewed the show for the drama and to watch the story lines, but I never really realized how I am a victim of the reality television frenzy. When watching the show before this class, I would have never broken the show down and analyzed it in a Marxist or hegemonic way. I have always seen the racial stereotypes that are put on the show, but I have never really looked into the conflicts that occur on the show. I liked the blogging format instead of writing papers. It is much more informal, and I was able to get feedback from classmates. From reading the feedback from both the professor and the student, my I was able to question my responses and was also able to add more to what I had understood in the first place. The most important thing that I learned about The Real World Denver was how much MTV put into selling the show. I have never really been on the MTV website before this. There is so much one can learn about each character and the show, just by going to the website. And this doesn't even include commercials, posters, and promo parties around the country.

No comments: